PurposeOur Cookies Policy is important because:
- It protects the relationship of trust between us and you;
- It ensures that privacy legislation is not encroached upon; and
- It allows you to be in control and be selective about the information you leave behind, once you have left a site;
Interpretation and Definitions
InterpretationThe words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
DefinitionsFor the purposes of this Cookies Policy: Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Cookies Policy) refers to SPAR Group Ltd, 22 Chancery Lane, Pinetown, 3610, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Republic of South Africa. Cookies means small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among, its many uses. Website refers to SPAR websites, accessible from www.thespargroup.com You means the individual accessing or using the website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
What are cookies“Cookies” are small text files used by us to recognise repeat users, facilitate your on-going access to and use of our websites and allow us to track your usage behaviour and compile aggregated data that will allow us to improve the functionality of our websites and content.
Type of Cookies We UseCookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Our site-specific cookies are currently configured as Secure and HTTP (https) only to prevent malicious usage, we also generally do not store customer identifiable details like email, mobile number, credit card information, or other personally identifiable information. We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Permanent cookies – also known as ‘persistent cookies’Type: Permanent Purpose: These cookies remain in operation even after the web browser has closed, and typically contain Favourite Store/s and Last Store Visited on the website. Where applicable we also use Age Gate unlocked cookie – used to determine the user is over 18 when first viewing the website.
Third-party cookiesType: installed by third-parties with the aim of collecting certain information from web users to track website site usage, behaviour, etc.
- Google Analytics tracking cookie – can track the beginning of the user’s journey across the site.
- It does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Facebook (if content liked/shared on the site, etc)
- Hotjar tracking cookie – can track the beginning of the user’s journey across the site. It does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Vicinity Media tracking cookie – can track the beginning of the user’s journey across the site. It does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- AddThis Social Media Sharing
- Age Gate unlocked cookie – used to determine the user is over 18 when first viewing the website.
- tailor our websites to your personal needs;
- help us link your browsing information to you and your personal information, for example, when you choose to register for a service;
- remember the notifications that you have been shown, so that you are not shown them again; and
- make improvements and updates to our websites based on the way you want to use them.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
If you do not accept our Cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website and some features may not function properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google:
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft:
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla:
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple:
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
More Information about CookiesYou can learn more about cookies: All You Need to Know About Internet Cookies and What They Do
Info regarding Third Party Cookies
- Hotjar – https://www.hotjar.com/
- Allows site analysis – for example: user behaviour, to generate heat maps/areas of the site getting most clicks, etc
- we added this to the site to allow us to determine general user behaviour on the site, to improve the site design, etc.
- Vicinity Media – https://vicinity-media.com/
- Used with Google Tag Manager currently used on the site for analytics
- We use this to assist with campaign tracking/analytics, etc
- AddThis – https://www.addthis.com/
- Social Media Sharing
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies
- Records if content liked/shared on the site.